Audacious Living

Monday, October 10, 2005

Finally Fall

Anyone who knows me knows that I love Fall. It is my favorite season. The change in leaves and temperature is a great welcome. It is also a prelude to the upcoming holidays with all of that good cheer that lasts until January 3rd. But hey, I try to get as much as I can while it is there.

In Miami, Florida Fall is the place to be if the climate does what it is supposed to do. However, yesterday it was 90 degrees outside so Mother Nature and I are not on good terms. I am hoping and praying that she will cool off for a bit.

I really want to go to NYC and go back to Central Park. I went during the summer and the weather was a killer. But I bet now the leaves are beautiful. The trees are radiant and people are wearing their neutral color sweaters. I love it. It reminds me of my favorite all time movie, When Harry Met Sally. The scene where Harry and Sally share their dreams as they walk down the street or park path.

Today is my day off. I really needed it. I have had little sleep and I really thought that I would be able to catch up but luck was not on my side. Rather than throwing someone under the bus, I can tell you that I was up at 6:45 in the morning looking for something that was there all along. I went to sleep at 1 in the morning. Mike said that I was staying up to wait for my brother. Maybe he is right. The truth is I don't know the truth. He is 19 years old and I should relax more but I keep thinking that he might get hurt and I won't be able to help him. This drives me crazy. I feel better when I know he is somewhere safe. He doesn't have to be with me all the time. I just need to know that while he is in my home he will be safe.

So I am off topic huh? I doubt it. Fall is the time where I think of everything I can before the new year enters my life and makes another knotch in my lifebelt.

I will be 36 and I have to think about what I have accomplished, what I want to still accomplish and what I can kiss goodbye and realize that it won't happen. Of course, the trick is to do this without throwing myself into some dark hole of depression.

I don't suffer from depression. Thank goodness! I have enough on my plate as it is without being in a funk all the time.

I have to tell you. I try and I try to see the good in everything. Some people in my family call me a nerd or as someone so lovingly tells DUDLEY DO RIGHT but I don't mind. I think I would be rather called that then something else with a negative connotation.

Little things make me so happy and yet the big things are the ones I work so much to accomplish. What is that about? Where is Dr. Phil when you need him?

So here are the little things that make me happy. The leaves changing. Birds in a nest. A cool breeze as I take my dog out for a walk. A clean house. Cold water to drink. My bed! My dog! Entering my classroom and seeing a student enjoy my class. Not being interrupted by a thousand useless announcements over the PA system. Not getting junk mail or junk email. Playing a good PC game. Logic problems. Law and Order ( all of them!) Italian Ices! ( I love those! The real ones!) Fall! I could go on but there probably some psychological person is already analyzing this information and will email me with his/her results. LOL

My point is that there is so much to like that life shouldn't be taken so lightly. Life should be taken seriously but the events that occur in our lives should be taken less seriously.

Ok rant over !

Thank you Christopher Columbus for finding America and giving me a day off from work!
You have been observed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Osteogenesis Imperfecta Site Ring
Ring Owner: Lorraine Hernandez Site: Osteogenesis Imperfecta
Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet
Site Ring from Bravenet