Audacious Living

Monday, April 11, 2005

Am I wrong?

Am I wrong? There are times when I have to scratch my head and ask myself, "Could I really be wrong here?". What might seem as plain and simple can take on a life of its own with complex twists and turns. I spoke to one of the reporters for www.audacitymagazine.com about an article that he has been sitting on since November. Although, he usually turns in the articles way past the due date, I think six months is pushing it a bit. Don't you?

Friday he said that he was going to make some changes to a very important story. He said that I would have it within 24 hours. Tonight we spoke. I still don't have the articles. He said that after we had hung up on Friday, he felt he was not in the mood to do the work so he didn't do it.

Flabbergasted? No. Not yet. Here is the doozy. He wants to know what is the big deal. This is coming from a man who considers himself a professional journalist. He said that as long as it gets done then there is no problem.

I reminded him that his word should be something I can depend on. He said the conversation was getting boring and he was going to hang up.

Ok, so am I wrong? Shouldn't I have recieved the edited pieces within the 24 hours? Perhaps he feels that if I have already waited six months, then who cares if I wait another six months?

In my mind, I see something wrong here. In his mind, he sees nothing wrong.

Mindboggling.

1 Comments:

At 10:16 AM, Blogger cynthia said...

I don't think most freelance writers would expect to get away with missing a deadline, let alone for six months.

Maybe this writer just doesn't want to do the piece? Writing is hard work, and sometimes asks more of me than I can give. In those times, I don't take assignments, and I don't submit. But that's me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Osteogenesis Imperfecta Site Ring
Ring Owner: Lorraine Hernandez Site: Osteogenesis Imperfecta
Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet
Site Ring from Bravenet